Monday, June 15, 2009

One more month

I can't believe I only have four more weeks left! I am getting fairly excited for things that are going to be happening back home (classes, shows, moving into a house, etc), but I get sad whenever I think about leaving Australia. I don't know when I'm going to have a chance to come back, although I hope I can someday.
It's been awhile since I last wrote! Class have offical ended. Today I took my final test in my screen studies class. Unfortenently, I don't think I did all that well. It's a lot harder to get motivated to study when I know my grades are only pass/fail and won't even effect my GPA. I know I'll get back to studying like crazy next semester. I think I got fairly high marks in my performance classes and I got good feedback in my interviews. My professors all said I need to let the audience in more and let the other actors effect my actions. Something I will try to take into account in the future.


Third Year class after our Stand-up Night

Last week was our stand-up comedy performance. I actually have a copy of it on DVD if anyone is interested. I was first and extremely nervous but I think it went pretty well. Everyone really seemed to enjoy the show. I was surprised how many people showed up, we had at least 80!

Rehearsal for my stand-up routine

The following week was pretty quiet. I mostly sleep a lot, watched t.v. and had a Lord of the Rings movie marathon with Jeff, Nate and Ken. On Wednesday, a bunch of us went to a dance club in the city called HQ. Wednesday's are themed nights called Flashdance because they play a lot of 80's and 90's music, which of course is right up my alley. Our friend Carissa had a goodbye party for us because Jeff is leaving in a week.



On stage at Flashdance


On Saturday Katie, Diana and I were treated to a surprise party by Angela. She has been planning it for ages and kept everything a big secret. At 7pm I went over to their apartment and we all got dressed up. We had to stay locked in Katie's room while Angela prepared everything. Her surprise was chocolate fondue! She had cut up different types of fruit as well as found our favorite kinds of candy. She made little oreo cheesecakes and a peach champagn drink. It was all extremely delicious. Afterwards we went back to HQ and danced so much we couldn't hardly walk.

In a week the four of us are going to be leaving for Alice Springs. We are taking a tour to Uluru (Ayer's Rock) and will be camping in the outback. I'm sure it's going to be freezing, but I'm pretty excited!

No comments: