Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Goodybe, Diana!

This morning we (Katie, Angela and I) woke up early to say goodbye to our friend Diana. It was a beautiful morning and the sunrise was gorgeous. We lugged her suitcases up to uni and hopped on a bus to the airport. When we got there we all said a tearful goodbye before watching her go through security. Although I didn't get to know her as well as I would have liked, I was sad to see her go. I've had a really good time with her and Angela, especially over the last few weeks, and I look forward to seeing her again in the future. (We've already all promised to road trip to each other's uni's next year.)

After saying goodbye, the rest of us decided to go get breakfast at the nearby Ikea. We were all excited because brekky at Ikea is super cheap and we all love looking at furniture and dreaming of decorating our own houses someday. (Ok, maybe Katie wasn't as into it as Angela and I.) About half way to Ikea it started to pour. We all huddled under Angela's umbrella, while trying to shield ourselves inbetween the cars in the carpark. Once it settled down, we took off again, until I said "Good thing it only rained for 30 seconds." The words weren't even fully out of my mouth when the downpour started again.

We finally made it to Ikea, soaking wet, only to discover that they were having a blackout. They were letting people into the store and they still had food left. So we bought our delcious cheap breakfast and sat down to eat. Three minutes later and employ comes up to us and tells us we have to leave because the store is running on emergancy backup power and they had to close. So we scarfed our food down as fast as possible and went back out into the rain, all the way back to the airport where we caught the J7 bus back to Flinders. . . or so we thought.

Fourty minutes later we stop at a shopping centre and the bus driver looks at us and says that this is as far as he goes. After a minute of confusion we discover that we took the J7 bus going in the WRONG direction. So we were now about an hour and 15 mins from Flinders. Luckily the correct bus came shortly after and we headed back to Flinders in the right direction.

To put the cherry on top, I was supposed to get my hair cut today and was heaps excited. But for some reason the stylist wasn't there! I don't know if one of us got the time wrong or if something happened. Hopefully I'll get it cut tomorrow because it's been driving me crazy! It's getting too long in the back and my bangs are insane.

Looking forward to dinner and a movie night with Katie and Angela.

No comments: